20 Aug 2012
Source: S Wilson
Celebrating Lanarkshire 2013 (CL2013) is a partnership initiative to celebrate Lanarkshire’s assets and achievements and to promote the area as a place of opportunity and highlight the quality of life the region has to offer, reinforcing the message that it is an attractive place to visit, live and work in.
The aim of the CL2013 initiative is to:
- Recognise and promote the achievements of Lanarkshire and its people.
- Stimulate interest and involvement in continuing to enhance Lanarkshire’s position, image and continued growth.
- Build enthusiasm, civic pride, creativity, participation and confidence in local communities.
- Create social, economic and cultural awareness across the wider Lanarkshire community and beyond.
- Establish an event delivery framework to identify, enhance co-ordinate and promote the range of events and activities already proposed for 2013 and create a ‘network’ of existing and new organisations to explore the way in which they can support Celebrating Lanarkshire 2013.
- Establish a calendar of events and activities for 2013 specifically identifying a limited number of key, high profile ‘signature events’ that may occur throughout the year.
- Develop a holistic approach to the development and delivery of the project to take full advantage of the social and economic opportunities that this initiative would present for Lanarkshire.
- Develop a ongoing legacy for increased civic pride and enhanced social and cultural activity across Lanarkshire
Lanarkshire hosts many events throughout the year, which are delivered by a variety of community, private and voluntary organisations, schools, local authority departments and other public sector organisations. CL2013 will provide a vehicle to brand and promote these events, and any potential projects, under a unified approach to a wider audience to highlight the area in the most positive way.
It will build on current community participation and civic pride and add value to the communities of Lanarkshire through a single, focused year long initiative to celebrate Lanarkshire’s success. An individual is required to co-ordinate the promotion of these events via the dedicated CL2103 website. They will also be required to assist in the wider marketing and promotion of these events and to liaise with key partners in the delivery of this initiative.
Key Aim: To support the development and implementation of Celebrating Lanarkshire 2013 (CL2013).
Key tasks for the placement graduate will include:
- Maintaining the CL2013 website and CMS
- Reviewing and revising the website content to maximise the impact and quality of the site. This will involve researching appropriate content, uploading information and maintaining site profile.
- Assist with the promotion of all CL2013 events and activities to maximise the social cultural and economic benefit to Lanarkshire, its communities and its residents.
- Help co-ordinate the activities of the Celebrating Lanarkshire 2013 Steering Group and Sub Group and assist the promotion and achievement of their objectives.
- Help build and develop partnerships between New Lanarkshire Limited, Council Services, external organisations and communities to develop and promote a programme of high quality events.
- Liaise with event & activity organisers, communities and others as appropriate to advise on the aims and objectives of CL2013 and encourage engagement with the CL2013 campaign.
- Help co-ordinate the management, implementation & delivery of the CL2013 Events calendar and any agreed programme of events.
- Attend, as appropriate, meetings of CL2013 related groups to assist the promotion and achievement of our objectives.
- Assist in ensuring the activities and events delivered under the CL2013 banner are effectively monitored, evaluated and reported on in accordance with appropriate evaluation processes.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required.
The placement will give the successful graduate:
- An operational knowledge of social & economic growth, events, web content management systems, marketing and PR activities
- An opportunity to be actively involved in and help influence the development of events, activities, projects and initiatives
- The opportunity to build close interaction and communication with a variety of private and public sector organisations, communities and individuals
- Increased confidence and ability
- Enhanced employment prospects
Ideally the successful candidate should:
- Be educated to HND/Degree level (or equivalent) – with a qualification in a relevant discipline – e.g. Events Development & Management; Marketing; Economic or Community Regeneration
- Have well developed ICT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalents); and it would be desirable to have practical experience of web Content Management Systems;
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have good organisational and planning skills
- preferably have experience in events co-ordination, organisation and/or promotion
- Be able to work effectively on their own initiative but also as part of a wider team
- Hold a driving licence and have own transport
This is a placement is for a 12 month period and would begin in late September/early October.
It will be based between North Lanarkshire Council offices and South Lanarkshire Council offices, which are currently in Motherwell and Hamilton respectively.
The salary is £13,000 pa.
Please note, due to the funding for this position, only Lanarkshire residents can be considered for the role.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st August 2012.